Taiwan Stock Exchange - Rules & Regulations Directory
Type of Index:
- TAIEX Series prepared by the TWSE.
- The joint index compiled prepared by the TWSE and Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) or other units.
Qualifications of the Issuer:
Domestic securities investment trust enterprise.
The issuer shall issue an official letter to the TWSE, with documents conforming to the requirements for matters to be included in a request for proposal in regard to ETFs presented.
Documents conforming to the above-mentioned requirements are as follows:
- A brief introduction of the experiences of the ETF manager(s) and product development team.
- Proposed structure:
- The initial minimum asset size
- A list of the participating securities firms
- The time needed to plan the ETF
- An abstract of the ETF design
- The management of the fund investment portfolio (including a brief explanation of the fund operational strategy on how the index performance is traced, for example the Full Replication Method, Optimization Method, Sampling Method, or other methods.).
- Marketing and promotion plan
TWSE may request the issuer to provide relevant additional information and explanations and, after reviewing the content of the information, invite the issuer to sign an index authorization agreement with it.