Taiwan Stock Exchange - Rules & Regulations Directory
"Material information" in these Procedures means the following matters:
- Matters specified in Article 36, paragraph 3, subparagraph 2 of the Securities and Exchange Act.
- Circumstances related to the issuer as specified in Articles 50 and 50-1 of the TWSE Operating Rules.
- Matters specified in Article 7 of the Regulations Governing the Issuance of Call (Put) Warrants by Issuers.
- Any change of the issuer's articles of incorporation, or any capital increase/decrease that is likely to have a material effect on the rights and interests of shareholders.
- Change of a principal line of business of the issuer.
- The issuer's losses from trading of financial derivatives products account for 3% or more of the net worth.
- The issuer experiences a major disaster or labor dispute that has a material effect on its business operations.
- A major litigation case or tax disposition case involving the issuer is pending or concluded, or the issuer undergoes company reorganization or liquidation proceedings in accordance with law.
- Any matter specified in subparagraphs 4 to 8 under this Article occurs to a branch unit of the issuer, with a material effect on the issuer's business operations.
- Any act of a promoter or director of the issuer, for which joint and several liability for damages is shared with the company.
- A resolution of the issuer's shareholders' meeting is duly voided or declared invalid by a court.
- A change of laws, regulations, or bylaws of the issuer's home country, with a material effect on shareholder equity or the company's business operations.
- If any matter specified in subparagraphs 2 to 10 above occurs to an institution that has been engaged to handle risk management, the issuer shall explain the matter on its behalf.
- Any material information that a foreign issuer is required to report in a timely manner in accordance with the laws of its home country.
- Mass media reportage in Taiwan or abroad that could affect the price of such call (put) warrants.
If the issuer does not on its own initiative submit the Public Statement in accordance with these Procedures, or within the time limit prescribed by the TWSE, or input the information in the TWSE-designated Internet information reporting system, the TWSE may impose a penalty of NT$30,000. If required to take remedial action, the issuer shall do so within the time limit prescribed by the TWSE, or a penalty of NT$10,000 per instance may be imposed until the date of compliance.
An issuer on which the TWSE has imposed a penalty shall pay the penalty to the TWSE Finance Department within five days from receiving notice from the TWSE.