Taiwan Stock Exchange - Rules & Regulations Directory
Article NO. Content
After the registration of a planned offering and issuance of securities has become effective, the issuer shall act in accordance with the following regulations:
- Within 30 days after receipt of notice indicating that the registration has become effective, the issuer shall act in accordance with Article 252 or Article 273 of the Company Act. However, an issuer filing for registration of an issue of straight corporate bonds shall act in accordance with the TPEx Review Rules and the Taipei Exchange Rules Governing Management of Foreign Currency Denominated International Bonds ("TPEx Rules for International Bonds").
- With exception of the issuance of new shares in connection with merger, issuance of new shares in connection with receiving transfer of shares of another company, issuance of new shares in connection with acquisition or demerger conducted in accordance with related laws, issuance of straight corporate bonds, issuance of employee stock option certificates, and issuance of new restricted employee shares, an issuer shall retain a financial institution to collect payments and deposit them in the designated account opened by the issuer, and shall, prior to collecting payments, respectively enter into a payment collection agreement with the retained financial institution and an agreement for deposit in the designated account with the bank thereof, and within 2 days from the signing of such agreements shall enter the name of the financial institution and the date of the agreement into the website specified by the FSC for reporting of information. The collection of payments and deposit thereof in a designated account may not be handled by the same business unit in a bank. The financial institution of the designated account shall only allow an issuer to withdraw or use the money after the financial institution has received all the money due. Within 2 days after receipt of all the money due, the issuer shall enter the information on full collection of the proceeds into the website specified by the FSC for reporting of information.
- Except where otherwise provided for by the FSC, within 30 days after the receipt of the approval letter for permission of incorporation or the amendment registration certificate of issuing new shares from the Ministry of Economic Affairs, the issuer of public offering shall have the securities certified in accordance with the Regulations Governing Certification of Corporate Stock and Bond Issues by Public Companies. The securities shall be delivered to subscribers or placees and a public announcement shall be made prior to the delivery; provided that in case where physical securities are not printed, certification of stocks and corporate bonds shall be exempt in accordance with the Regulations Governing Certification of Corporate Stock and Bond Issues by Public Companies.
- Before issuing corporate bonds, the issuer shall enter into a contract with a centralized securities depository enterprise, agreeing therein to provide information related to the issue, and to lend its cooperation when asked to help with cancellation of the previous owner, repayment of principal, and payment of interest.
- Before the utilization plan of the cash capital increase or corporate bond issuance is completed, the company having cash capital increase or issuing corporate bonds shall disclose the progress of the said plan in its annual report. In the case of the issuance of corporate bonds, within 2 days of the completion of the funds offering and prior to the tenth day of each month during the issuance period of the corporate bonds, information related to the issuance of the corporate bonds shall be input into the website specified by the FSC for reporting of information.
- Within 10 days after the end of each quarter, the quarterly report on the plan for cash capital increase or corporate bond issuance and capital utilization shall be posted to the website specified by the FSC for reporting of information in accordance with FSC regulations.
- Where an exchange-listed or OTC-listed company conducts a cash capital increase or corporate bond issuance, it shall contact the original underwriter or the attesting CPA to comment on the reasonableness of the progress made regarding capital utilization and of the purposes for unused capital, and on whether there has been any deviation from the capital utilization plan, and within 10 days after the end of each quarter shall post this information together with the information referred to in the preceding subparagraph to the information reporting website specified by the FSC.
- Listed or OTC companies issuing new shares in connection with a merger, issuing new shares in connection with receiving transfer of shares of another company, or issuing new shares in connection with acquisition or demerger conducted in accordance with related laws, shall, within 10 days after the end of each quarter during the first year after completion and registration of the merger, receipt of transfer of shares of another company, or acquisition or demerger, ask the original lead underwriter to provide an assessment opinion as to whether any of the aspects of the merger would have an effect on the finances, business, and shareholders' equity of the issuer, and input the same into the website specified by the FSC for reporting of information.
- In the event of a change to an item or monetary amount of a particular item in the plan for cash capital increase or corporate bond issuance, thus causing the total amount required for the original item to either decrease or increase by an amount equivalent to 20 percent or more of the funds to be raised, the company shall amend the plan and, within 2 days after the amendment has been ratified by resolution of the board of directors, make a public announcement and submit the amendment to a shareholders' meeting for ratification; if the corporate bonds are denominated in a foreign currency, the funds raised thereby shall either be retained as foreign currency, or the entire amount converted into New Taiwan Dollars via an FX swap or cross currency swap (CCS) for use; otherwise, it shall apply for the approval of the Central Bank. If the company is an exchange-listed or OTC-listed company, upon such amendment and thereafter within 10 days after the end of each quarter, the listed or OTC company shall contact the original underwriter to comment on the reasonableness of the progress made regarding capital utilization and of the purposes for unused capital, and key in the aforesaid change and comment in combination with information as referred to in subparagraph 6 into the website specified by the FSC for reporting of information.
- For corporate bonds issued in foreign-currency denominations, the collection of, payment of interest on, and repayment of principal for, funds raised thereby and, where the circumstances set forth in Article 11, paragraph 4 exist, the return of payment, shall be conducted by a designated bank through a foreign exchange deposit account using the book-entry transfer method.
- For corporate bonds issued in foreign-currency denominations, a separate Statement of Changes in the Outstanding Balance of Issued Foreign-Currency Denominated Corporate Bonds (Table 34) shall be filed on the information reporting website specified by the FSC on the 20th day of each month for the data as of the 15th of that month, and by the 5th day of each month for the data as of the end of the previous month; such Statements shall also be filed with the Central Bank.
In the event the issuer conducts a shelf registration to issue corporate bonds, any change to the filed material for the first issuance of corporate bonds occurring within the scheduled issuance date shall be reported to the FSC and be put in public announcement.
- Company Act § 252、273 (2018.08.01)
- Regulations Governing the Offering and Issuance of Securities by Securities Issuers § 11 (2015.11.12)