Taiwan Stock Exchange - Rules & Regulations Directory
Article NO. Content
- Explain in tabular form the analysis of the financial ratio and comparison with the financial ratios of listed companies and unlisted companies in the same sector of business for the last period and the last three fiscal years, including financial structure, solvency, operational capability and profitability.
If the listing application is filed in accordance with Article 4, paragraph 2 or 3, or Article 28-1, paragraph 5 or 6 of the Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation Rules Governing Review of Securities Listings or if the applicant for listing of shares is a technology-based enterprise, cultural and creative enterprise or information software enterprise, the equity belonging to the owner of the parent company for the last financial year and the last period as in the financial statement shall be specified. The underwriter shall also evaluate the possibility that the equity belonging to the owner of the parent company in the year of application and the following year continues to exceed two-thirds of its paid-in capital. For issuers of shares with no par value or a par value per share that is not NT$ 10, the underwriter shall evaluate the possibility that the equity belonging to the owner of the parent company in the following year drops below two-thirds of the sum of stock capital and capital reserve - share premium.
- Description of endorsements and guarantees, major undertakings and lendings to others, trading of derivatives and major assets transactions of the issuing company and all its subsidiaries (including transactions between parent company and subsidiaries) for the last period and the last three fiscal years, and assessment of their impact on the financial position of the issuing company.
- List the plant expansion plans as of the last period of the application year and the funding sources, progress of work, and expected benefits, and evaluate the feasibility.
- Reinvested enterprise of the issuing company and all its subsidiaries (including transactions between parent company and subsidiaries):
- Provide an outline as of the latest financial report of the application year and assess the operation and profitability of the major reinvested enterprises (holding 20% or more shares or whose book value or original investment amount is at least NT$ 50 million) for the last period and the last fiscal year, and the share of profits and losses and distribution of share dividends of the subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures recognized by the equity method for the last period and the last three fiscal years (for offshore reinvested enterprises, the amount of profits remitted back should also be specified). In case of use of the resources and technologies of the issuing company, the fairness of consideration and technology compensation should also be assessed. If the reinvested enterprise experiences difficulties in operation or funding, the impact on the issuing company should also be evaluated.
- For applicants already investing or planning to invest in the Mainland Area, the underwriter shall describe their investments, and the share of profits and losses and amount of profits remitted back of the subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures recognized by equity method for the last period and the last three fiscal years, and evaluate the impact on the financial position of the issuer.
- For ongoing investment projects as of the latest financial report of the application year with the projected total investment amount accounting for at least 20% of the paid-in capital for the last fiscal year or exceeding NT$ 500 million, assessment and description of the following are required: in case of issuers of shares with no par value or a par value per share that is not NT$ 10, the above 20% of the paid-in capital shall be replaced with 10% of the equity belonging to the owner of the parent company:
- purpose, starting time and expected completion date of the investment;
- funding sources of the investment: in case of loans, the underwriter shall evaluate the impact on the future operation of the issuing company; in case of own funds, the underwriter shall calculate the lost interest income or returns on reinvestment;
- benefits of investment: including projected market supplies and demands after completion of investment, annual returns on investment, and expected period for recovery of costs;
- current business and financial positions of the invested enterprise or project; and
- business experts' or technology experts' assessment and opinions on the investment project.
- If the underwriter is counseling the major subsidiaries of the issuing company in accordance with Article 6 of the TWSE "Assessment and Auditing Procedures for Securities Underwriters Handling Initial Listing", the underwriter shall provide the assessment and opinions stating whether there are any major operational risks or other significant irregularities.
- Based on the offer price and the average listed price of the issuing company on the Emerging Stock Market for the last month, the underwriter shall calculate, using the intrinsic value, the possible impact of the issued employee subscription warrants, for which the last day of stock-based payment transaction has not arrived, on the financial statement after listing of shares of the issuing company.
- If a state-owned enterprise applies for listing of shares and the financial reports it submits have not been certified by a CPA, the underwriter shall contact and ask the CPA to comment on the difference between certification according to the generally accepted accounting principles and certification by an auditing agency, and its impact on the financial report.
- If a financial enterprise applies for listing of shares, the underwriter shall clearly describe its provision of allowance and assess if the amount is adequate.
- The underwriter shall evaluate the fairness of the regulations governing issue of employee subscription warrants and equity securities established by the issuing company that is a foreign company as required according to the law of the jurisdiction where it was incorporated, and the impact on the shareholders' equity.
- Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation Rules Governing Review of Securities Listings § 4、28-1、29 (2021.01.29)