Taiwan Stock Exchange - Rules & Regulations Directory
Article NO. Content
Where a customer requests to transfer the balance of securities from the customer's account with one participant to the customer's account with another participant, or transfer it to another person's account under the provisions of any act or regulation, the customer shall submit the account passbook and an account transfer application to the former participant and such participant shall notify the CSDE to transfer the balance to the customer's account with the new participant; provided, this shall not apply where there are other regulatory restrictions regarding the securities for which the application for transfer is made.
The CSDE shall, after making account transfer in accordance with the notification as referred to in the preceding paragraph, record the transaction immediately in the relevant participants' account books, and notify such participants to record necessary information in the customer's account books.
Where an account transfer referred to in paragraph 1 satisfies any of the following conditions, it is not necessary to submit the account passbook and transfer application to the participant:
- Where, for securities sold through short sale, a customer requests to make an account transfer to settle the short sale with spot securities.
- Where a customer requests to make an account transfer of collateral for money borrowing in connection with securities business.
- Where, in accordance with CSDE provisions for termination of book registration of securities and their replacement with physical securities, a customer requests to make an account transfer to withdraw the balance of securities from the customer's accounts.
- Where, in compliance with the applicable requirements of the TPEx, a customer requests to make an account transfer to trade international bonds by means of negotiated transaction at a securities firm's place of business.
- Where a customer requests to make an account transfer to provide securities as collateral for short sales, or to cover shortfalls in margin for margin purchases and short sales.
- As otherwise provided by an act or regulation or approved by the FSC.