Taiwan Stock Exchange - Rules & Regulations Directory
Regulations Governing Securities Borrowing and Lending by Securities Firms
Article No. Search
Regulations Governing Securities Lending by Securities Firms(2009.07.22)
Securities associated with securities lending business conducted by securities firms may be used only for the following purposes:
1. For sale by customers through brokerage orders placed with the securities firm.
2. For securities firms and customers to redeliver securities borrowed or to compensate for securities entitlements.
3. For securities firms to use as a source of securities for conducting securities margin purchase and short sale business.
4. For securities firms to use as a source of securities to return collateral to customers in conducting securities margin purchase and short sale business.
5. For customers to redeliver spot securities borrowed in short sales.
6. For securities firms to cover shortfalls of securities in connection with short sales.
7. For securities firms to fulfill settlement obligations on securities trading markets.
8. For customers to fulfill settlement obligations associated with call/put warrants, equity options, and other equity-type financial instruments.
9. For customers to use in the in-kind creation or redemption of exchange traded fund (ETF) or offshore ETF units.
10. Such other purposes as may be approved by the competent authority.
Resolution：1024 x 768
Visitor of this month：
English version of regulations are translated by Baker McKenzie Taipei Office.