||Securities and Exchange Act(2016.12.07)
The total issue amount of the corporate bonds offered and issued by a company which has issued stocks in accordance with this Act, unless the Competent Authority has obtained the approval of the central authority with jurisdiction over the business of the company, shall comply with the following provisions, and is not subject to the restrictions under Article 247 of the Company Act:
- The total issue amount of secured corporate bonds, convertible corporate bonds, or corporate bonds with warrants may not exceed 200 percent of the company’s total assets less total liabilities.
- The total issue amount of unsecured corporate bonds other than bonds under the preceding subparagraph may not exceed one-half of the company’s total assets less total liabilities.
Any person who acquires, either individually or jointly with other persons, more than ten percent of the total issued shares of a public company shall file a statement with the Competent Authority within ten days after such acquisition, stating the purpose and the sources of funds for the purchase of shares and any other matters required to be disclosed by the Competent Authority; such persons shall file timely amendment when there are changes in the matters reported.
Any public tender offer to purchase the securities of a public company bypassing the centralized securities exchange market or the over-the-counter market may be conducted only after the offeror has reported to the Competent Authority, providing proof that it has the ability to perform payment of the tender offer consideration, and publicly announced the specific matters, except under the following circumstances:
Any person who independently or jointly with another person(s) proposes to acquire a certain percentage of the total issued shares of a public company or of the beneficial securities of a real estate investment trust under the Real Estate Securitization Act shall make the acquisition by means of a public tender offer, unless certain conditions are satisfied.
- The number of securities proposed for public tender offer by the offeror plus the total number of securities of the public company already obtained by the offeror and its related parties do not exceed five percent of the total number of voting shares issued by the public company.
- The securities purchased by the offeror through the public tender offer are securities of a company of which the offeror holds more than 50 percent of the issued voting shares.
- Other circumstances in conformity with the regulations prescribed by the Competent Authority.
The scope, conditions, period, related parties, and particulars for filing and public announcement in connection with purchases of securities pursuant to paragraph 2, and the "certain percentage" and "conditions" in connection with the acquisition of a certain percentage of the total issued shares of a public company under the preceding paragraph shall be prescribed by the Competent Authority.
Any person who will make a public tender offer to purchase the beneficial securities of a real estate investment trust under the Real Estate Securitization Act may conduct the public tender offer only after filing with the Competent Authority and making a public announcement. The scope, conditions, period, related parties, and particulars for filing and public announcement in connection with purchases of real estate securitization beneficial securities, and the "certain percentage" and "conditions" in connection with the acquisition of beneficial securities of a real estate investment trust under paragraph 3 shall be prescribed by the Competent Authority.