Taiwan Stock Exchange - Rules & Regulations Directory
Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation Rules Governing Review of Securities Listings
2021.04.07 (Articles 28-2, 28-4, 28-7 amended,English version coming soon)
Current English version amended on 2020.03.30
Primary Market > Review
Article No. Search
Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation Rules Governing Review of Securities Listings(2009.06.12)
Where a foreign issuer and its depositary institution applying for listing Taiwan depositary receipts meet the following requirements, the TWSE may issue documentation evidencing approval of the listing thereof:
1. Number of units of Taiwan depositary receipts to be listed: 20 million units or more, or market value of NT$300 million or more.
2. The registered shares issued by the foreign issuer in accordance with the laws of its home country have been listed on one of the stock exchanges or securities markets approved by the Competent Authority before the listing of the Taiwan depositary receipts under the listing application.
3. Shareholders' equity: At the time of application for listing, the shareholders' equity stated on the financial report audited and certified by a Certified Public Accountant for the most recent period shall not be less than the equivalent of NT$600 million.
4. Profitability: It does not have accumulated deficit in the most recent one (1) fiscal year and meets one of the following criteria:
(1) The income before tax for each of the most recent two years represents not less than 6 percent of the shareholders' equity as shown in its final accounts, or the average income before tax for the most recent one year is 6 percent or greater; or
(2) The ratio of income before tax to shareholder's equity in the final accounting for each of the past two (2) fiscal years is 3 percent or higher, or the average is 3 percent or higher, and the profitability in the most recent fiscal year is better year-on-year than in the preceding year.
(3) The income before tax for each of the most recent two years shall be NT$250 million or more.
5. Dispersion of shareholdings: At the time of proposed listing, the number of holders of the Taiwan depositary receipts in the Republic of China is not less than 1,000 persons, and the total number of units held by holders other than insiders of the foreign issuer and juristic persons of which such insiders own over 50% of the shareholding is not less than 20 percent of the total units issued or is 10 million units or more.
6. There shall be no restriction on transfer of stock represented by Taiwan depositary receipts.
7. The rights and obligations of the holders of stock represented by Taiwan depositary receipts shall be identical with those of other stock of the same class issued at the same time.
The financial information referred to in Subparagraphs 3 and 4 of the preceding paragraph will be examined [by the TWSE] based on the consolidated report or the consolidated financial statement prepared by the said foreign issuer in accordance with the laws and regulations of its home country and the audit opinion issued by a certified public accountant in the Republic of China stating the differences between the accounting principles applicable in the Republic of China and the accounting principles applicable in the home country of the said foreign issuer and the impact of such differences on such financial reports.
Where it has obtained a certificate from the TWSE approving its application for listing Taiwan depositary receipts, the TWSE will, after a filing for effective registration for the issuance of such Taiwan depositary receipts has been made with the Competent Authority, submit the Agreement for Listing Taiwan Depositary Receipts to the Competent Authority for approval, and will publicly announce the listing thereof after obtaining an approval from the Competent Authority.
Resolution：1024 x 768
Visitor of this month：
English version of regulations are translated by Baker McKenzie Taipei Office.