Taiwan Stock Exchange - Rules & Regulations Directory
Regulations Governing Securities Firms
2020.10.29 (Articles 14-6, 21, 32-1, 35-2, 68-1 amended,English version coming soon)
Current English version amended on 2020.02.03
Article No. Search
Regulations Governing Securities Firms(2010.03.16)
Securities firms investing in foreign enterprises, unless regulated by other laws, regulations and orders shall meet the following provisions:
1. Have not received any disciplinary warning from the Commission in the most recent 3 months
2. Have not been ordered by the Commission to relieve or replace the duties of its director, supervisor, or manager in the most recent six months.
3. Have not had business suspended as punishment from the Commission within the last year.
4. Have not had the license of branch offices or of a portion of the business invalidated by the Commission as punishment within the last 2 years.
5. Have not had trading terminated or restricted by the Stock Exchange, the GreTai, or the Futures Exchange as punishment under each of their regulations or rules.
6. The regulatory capital adequacy ratio has not been below 200% within the most recent 3 months, and the financial structure is sound and in accordance with the rules of these Regulations.
7. Comply with Article 6 of the Regulations Governing the Reserve for Losses on Foreign Investment Allocated by Companies promulgated by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
8. The combined total amount invested in foreign enterprises plus the funds that a securities firm establishing an overseas branch office(s) appropriates there for local operations and the amount invested in Mainland China enterprises do not exceed 40% of the securities' firm's net worth. However, when there is special need and approval as a special case has been received, this provision does not apply.
Resolution：1024 x 768
Visitor of this month：
English version of regulations are translated by Baker McKenzie Taipei Office.