Personal information of medical records, medical treatment, genetic information, sexual life, health examination and criminal records should not be collected, processed or used. However, the following situations are not subject to the limits set in the preceding sentence:
Article 8 and Article 9 shall apply mutatis mutandis to the collection, processing, or use of personal information in accordance with the preceding Paragraph; Paragraphs 1, 2 and 4 of Article 7 shall apply mutatis mutandis to the written consent specified in Item 6 of the preceding Paragraph. The notification should be in written form.
- when in accordance with law;
- when it is necessary for a government agency to perform its legal duties or for a non- government agency to fulfill its legal obligation, and proper security measures are adopted prior or subsequent to such collection, processing or use;
- when the Party has made public such information by himself, or when the information concerned has been publicized legally;
- where it is necessary to perform statistical or other academic research, a government agency or an academic research institution collects, processes, or uses personal information for the purpose of medical treatment, public health, or crime prevention. The information may not lead to the identification of a specific person after its processing by the provider, or from the disclosure by the collector;
- where it is necessary to assist a government agency in performing its legal duties or a non-government agency in fulfilling its legal obligations, and proper security measures are adopted prior or subsequent to such collection, processing, or use;
- where the Party has consented in writing; unless such consent exceeds the necessary scope of the specific purpose; the collection, processing or use merely with the consent of the Party is prohibited by other statutes; or such consent is against the Party’s will.