(Financial Report Publication and Filing Deadlines)
Unless under special circumstances as otherwise provided by the Competent Authority, an issuer under this Act shall perform public announcement and registration with the Competent Authority as follows:
Regulations governing the applicable scope of the special circumstances as referred to in the preceding paragraph, deadlines for public announcement and registration under such special circumstances, and other matters for compliance in connection therewith, shall be prescribed by the Competent Authority.
- within three months after the close of each fiscal year, publicly announce and register with the Competent Authority financial reports duly signed or sealed by the chairperson, managerial officer, and accounting officer, and audited and attested by a certified public accountant, approved by the board of directors, and recognized by the supervisors.
- within 45 days after the end of the first, second, and third quarters of each fiscal year publicly announce and register with the Competent Authority financial reports duly signed or sealed by the chairperson, managerial officer, and accounting officer, and reviewed by a certified public accountant and reported to the board of directors.
- within the first ten days of each calendar month publicly announce and register with the Competent Authority the operating status for the preceding month.
Within two days from the date of occurrence of any of the following events, any company referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall publicly announce and register with the Competent Authority:
The companies referred to in paragraph 1 shall prepare an annual report and distribute it to all shareholders prior to or at the regular meeting of shareholders. The particulars to be covered in the annual report, principles for its preparation, and other matters for compliance shall be prescribed by the Competent Authority.
- the annual financial reports approved by the regular meeting of shareholders if such reports are inconsistent with the annual financial reports which have been announced to the public and filed with the Competent Authority.
- any event which has a material impact on shareholders' rights and interests or securities prices.
Copies of the reports publicly announced and registered with the Competent Authority referred to in paragraphs 1 to 3, and the annual report referred to in the preceding paragraph shall, in case such securities are listed on the stock exchange, be sent to the stock exchange, or in the case of securities traded over-the-counter, sent to the agency (institution) designated by the Competent Authority, for review by the public.
During the reorganization procedure of an issuer, matters to be ratified by the board of directors and the supervisors under paragraph 1 shall be ratified by the reorganizers or the reorganization supervisors of the issuer.
The regular meeting of shareholders of a company whose stock is listed on the stock exchange or traded over-the-counter shall be held within six months after the close of each fiscal year, and the proviso of Article 170, paragraph 2 of the Company Act shall not apply.
In a year in which expires the term of the directors and supervisors of a company whose stock is listed on the stock exchange or traded over-the-counter, if the board of directors does not convene the regular meeting of shareholders to elect directors and supervisors for the new term in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Competent Authority may ex officio set a deadline for the meeting to be held. If the meeting is not held by the deadline, the entire body of directors and supervisors shall ipso facto be dismissed from the time of expiration of the deadline.