Where the specimen chop is lost or destroyed, a lost specimen chop application shall be completed specifying the serial numbers and number of shares bearing the old chop, together with identification papers and copies thereof, new specimen chop card and the stock certificates, and the above materials shall be personally sent to the company for processing. Upon determination that the specimen chop may be replaced with a new one or with a specimen signature, and upon completing the procedures for registering a new specimen chop, the new specimen chop shall be effective on the date following completion of registration, unless it is declared that the effective date shall be on the same date.
Where the procedures for replacement of a specimen chop with a new chop or provision of a specimen signature are consigned to a third party or handled through correspondence, the following identity documents shall be submitted:
The provisions of paragraphs 2 and 3 of the preceding Article shall apply mutatis mutandis while processing the lost specimen chop under paragraph 1.
- Natural person shareholder: if a domestic natural person, the National Identity Card or the chop certificate issued by the household registration office; if a foreign natural person, the alien residence certificate, passport, or certificate legalized by an ROC representative body or issued by a local court or government agency in the shareholder's home country, or identity document notarized by a statutory notary institution in the shareholder's home country.
- Juristic person shareholder:
- A juristic person shareholder shall submit an application letter bearing the company chop on the company amendment registration evidentiary document issued by the competent authority and the chop of the responsible person who represents the company.
- Photocopy of the company amendment registration evidentiary document issued by the competent authority, with a statement thereupon indicating that it is a true and faithful copy of the original.
- Documentation of identity in accordance with the preceding subparagraph for the responsible person of the juristic person shareholder.
- Where a third party is consigned to carry out the procedures, such consignee shall be a citizen of the Republic of China, and, in addition to the identity documents set forth in the preceding two subparagraphs the National Identity Card and power of attorney of the consignee shall also be submitted.
Where a chop is replaced by a signature under paragraph 1, the company or the shareholder services agent may adopt the procedures set forth in Article 11, paragraph 2.