A secondary exchange (or OTC) listed company that simultaneously meets all of the conditions listed in the subparagraphs below may submit the Shelf Registration Statement for a Foreign Issuer Sponsoring Issuance of Taiwan Depositary Receipts (Attachment 15), provide all information required therein, along with all required documents to the FSC for effective registration. In addition, it shall complete the issuance within the scheduled issuance period.
The scheduled issuance period referred to in the preceding paragraph may not exceed 1 year counting from the date of effective registration. The secondary exchange (or OTC) listed company shall set the period at the time of filing with the FSC.
- Its TDRs have been listed on the domestic stock exchange market or traded on the OTC stock market for a combined period of 1 year or more.
- It has periodically or non-periodically publicly disclosed its financial and business information to the public in accordance with laws and regulations in each of the past 3 years.
- Has not within the past 3 years made any serious violation of rules of the TWSE or TPEx regarding information disclosure.
- Has not within the past 3 years had any offering and issuance of securities rejected, voided, or revoked by the FSC or the competent authority of the country of listing. However, this restriction need not apply in cases where, since the date of delivery of the notice of effective registration, the issue has not been fully subscribed and payment therefore has not been fully collected in cash and the case has been voided or revoked by the FSC or the competent authority of the country of overseas listing.
- Any cash capital increase or corporate bond issuance plans effectively registered with FSC or the competent authority of the country of listing in the past 3 years have all been implemented as planned and on schedule, and no material changes have occurred.
- The domestic and overseas CPAs engaged by the issuer have not within the past 3 years received a warning or more severe sanction under the law for their handling of securities offering and issuance.
- The lead underwriter engaged by the issuer has not within the past 3 years been subject to any order under law or regulation to a sanction to dismiss any of its directors, supervisors, or managerial officers or a more severe sanction in connection with handling of securities offering and issuance.
When a secondary exchange (or OTC) listed company issues TDRs during the scheduled issuance period, it shall engage an underwriter to underwrite the issuance in full on a firm commitment basis.