A foreign issuer that files to register the offering and issuance of straight corporate bonds and that meets the conditions of each of the following subparagraphs may submit the Shelf Registration Statement for Issuance of Straight Corporate Bonds by a foreign issuer (Attachment 20), complete with all required information and all required documents, to the FSC for effective registration and complete the issuance within the expected issuance period.
Article 5 shall apply mutatis mutandis to a foreign issuer that files for registration in accordance with the preceding paragraph.
- The issuer is a primary exchange (or OTC) listed company that has been domestically listed, or whose securities have been trading on the OTC market, for a combined total of a full 3 years, or is a secondary exchange (or OTC) listed company whose stocks, or securities representing its stocks, have been listed and traded on one of the overseas securities markets approved by the competent authority for a full 3 years. However, in either of the following circumstances, this restriction shall not apply:
- An issuer filing to issue straight corporate bonds is a company controlled by another company, the bonds are fully guaranteed by the controlling company, and the stock of the controlling company has been listed and traded on one of the overseas securities markets approved by the competent authority for a full 3 years.
- The issuer is an overseas financial institution that has been approved by the FSC to establish a domestic branch in the ROC, and the stock of the financial institution's parent holding company has been listed and traded on one of the overseas securities markets approved by the competent authority for a full 3 years.
- The issuer's net worth, as stated in the CPA audited and attested financial report for the most recent year, is not less than NT$500 million.
- The issuer is not currently in material breach of contract or material default on the payment of principal and interest, with respect to any previously issued corporate bonds or other debt, or more than 3 years have passed since the date of resolution of any previous instance of such breach or default.
- The issuer has not been sanctioned by the FSC or the competent authority of its overseas country of listing within the past 3 years for any breach of information disclosure regulations.
- Any plan for a cash capital increase or issuance of corporate bonds that received effective registration from the FSC or the competent authority of the overseas country of listing within the past 3 years has been executed according to schedule and with no material alteration.
- The CPA engaged by the issuer has received no warning or any other more serious sanction under the law within the past 3 years due to work related to the offering and issuance of securities.
- The lead underwriter engaged by the issuer has received no sanction pursuant to law or regulation ordering it to dismiss a director, supervisor, or managerial officer, or any other equally or more serious sanction, within the past 3 years due to work related to the offering and issuance of securities.
The expected issue period referred to in paragraph 1 shall not exceed 2 years counting from the date of effective registration. The foreign issuer shall set the period at the time of registering with the FSC.