In a fixed-price or competitive bid transaction, the subject securities shall be returned within the following timeframe, and in the following manner, as the case may be:
Upon receipt of a regulatory report on securities return filed by the borrower through its securities firm via the TWSE securities lending system, the TWSE will notify the central securities depository to effect a book-entry transfer of the securities to be returned, from the CSD account of the borrower back to that of the lender, with a notice to the borrower and the lender respectively through their securities firms.
- Return of securities on due date: the TWSE will, 10 business days prior to the scheduled return date, notify the borrower through the securities firm to return the subject securities.
- Return of securities before due date: the borrower may return the subject securities, in whole or in part, at any time from the next business day following the borrowing date.
- Lender's request for early return of securities: the lender may claim return of subject securities in whole or in part on any date which is one, three, or 10 business days prior to the date to be scheduled as the early return date in accordance with the terms and conditions under which the borrowing/lending application is made; the borrower shall return the subject securities as requested, in one or more batches, starting from the next business day following the receipt of the notice.
- Compulsory early return of securities:
- When upon review the subject securities are no longer found eligible or are halted from lending transactions, the TWSE may notify the borrower to return securities in satisfaction of the loan within a specified period of time.
- If the issuer of the subject securities undergoes a merger or consolidation, capital reduction, or any other event affecting the exercise of shareholder's rights by the lender, the borrower shall return securities in satisfaction of the loan by the sixth business day before the book closure date.
- If the subject securities are the subject of an announcement of suspension of trading, where the time for resumption of trading is not specified, or of delisting from the TWSE or GTSM, the borrower shall return securities in satisfaction of the loan within a period of time specified by the TWSE.
- If due to a natural disaster or other emergency, the trading on the securities market is suspended across the board and the time for resumption of trading is not specified, the borrower shall return securities in satisfaction of the loan within a period of time specified in a TWSE announcement.
The borrower's obligation, liability, and duty arising from its borrowing of securities are not satisfied unless and until all subject securities borrowed, all entitlements incurred during the borrowing period, and all relevant fees and expenses are fully returned or paid.