The assets under paragraph 1, subparagraph 4 of the preceding Article shall be limited to those owned by the customer himself or herself, or his or her spouse, parent or adult child, and the following documentation shall be submitted:
When the customer is not the owner of assets shown on the provided proof of assets, the owner of the assets shall be a joint and several guarantor.
- Photocopy of certificate of real property ownership, registration records, or tax return. The securities firm shall also perform a check of whether there are other encumbrances on the real property, and calculate the value.
- Documentation of deposits with a financial institution (e.g. certificate of deposit balance, passbook, certificate of deposit). The basis of calculation shall be the average balance within the past month.
- Proof of holdings in securities.
- Documentation of deposit balance in the gold account issued by a financial institution (e.g. gold passbook, or the certificate of balance for the gold passbook or gold account).
- Documentary proof of trust property for a money trust, securities trust or real estate trust issued by a trust enterprise (e.g., a reconciliation statement, list of trust assets, or certificate of trust property). Both the trustor and the beneficiary of the trust are restricted to the person who is the customer, and the trust property may consist only of real property, deposits at financial institutions, securities, or the balance of a gold account at a financial institution.
- Amount of collaterals of the customer's margin accounts with the same securities firm that is in excess of 130% of the account collateral maintenance ratio, excluding margin and short positions where settlement is not completed.