Where an issuing company of a group enterprise, other than a government-owned enterprise, applies for the listing of its stock but does not meet the following requirements, the TWSE shall disagree to its listing, notwithstanding the fact that its application is otherwise in compliance with these Rules:
Application of the provisions of subparagraph 5 of paragraph 1 may be waived in situations resulting from unique characteristics of its business, market demand and supply conditions, government policy, or any other reasonable causes.
- The principal business or products of the applicant company are not in mutual competition with those of any other companies within the same group enterprise. However, this requirement shall not apply if the applicant company has independent operational decision-making ability.
- Where there are business transactions between the applicant company and other companies within the same group enterprise, written rules and regulations governing the financial and business affairs among them shall have been formulated and approved by the board of directors of each such company, and in addition, each company within a group enterprise shall execute an undertaking in writing to the effect that its financial and business affairs with other companies are free from any non-arms-length transaction. Where there is no business transaction between them, the applicant company shall execute an undertaking in writing to the effect that in case there is any business transaction in the future, it will be free from non-arms-length transaction.
- Its financial and business conditions and its rules and regulations above-mentioned shall not be materially abnormal as compared with those of other enterprises in the same industry.
- The applicant company shall have the potential to develop independent marketing of the products that it sells to other companies within the same group enterprise.
- The cost for procurement of products from or the operating revenue derived from selling products to other companies within the same group enterprise, at the time of the application for listing, in the most recent period, and in the most recent two fiscal years, is less than 50 percent of its total cost for procurement of products or operating income; provided that this provision shall not apply to the procurement amount or operating revenue derived from the parent company or subsidiary or in cases of company demerger pursuant to the Company Act or Business Mergers and Acquisitions Act.