Terms used in these Regulations are defined as follows:
- Derivatives: Forward contracts, options contracts, futures contracts, leverage contracts, or swap contracts, whose value is derived from a specified interest rate, financial instrument price, commodity price, foreign exchange rate, index of prices or rates, credit rating or credit index, or other variable; or hybrid contracts combining the above contracts; or hybrid contracts or structured products containing embedded derivatives. The term "forward contracts" does not include insurance contracts, performance contracts, after-sales service contracts, long-term leasing contracts, or long-term purchase (sales) contracts.
- Assets acquired or disposed through mergers, demergers, acquisitions, or transfer of shares in accordance with law: Refers to assets acquired or disposed through mergers, demergers, or acquisitions conducted under the Business Mergers and Acquisitions Act, Financial Holding Company Act, Financial Institution Merger Act and other acts, or to transfer of shares from another company through issuance of new shares of its own as the consideration therefor (hereinafter "transfer of shares") under Article 156-3 of the Company Act.
- Related party or subsidiary: As defined in the Regulations Governing the Preparation of Financial Reports by Securities Issuers.
- Professional appraiser: Refers to a real property appraiser or other person duly authorized by law to engage in the value appraisal of real property or equipment.
- Date of occurrence: Refers to the date of contract signing, date of payment, date of consignment trade, date of transfer, dates of boards of directors resolutions, or other date that can confirm the counterpart and monetary amount of the transaction, whichever date is earlier; provided, for investment for which approval of the competent authority is required, the earlier of the above date or the date of receipt of approval by the competent authority shall apply.
- Mainland China area investment: Refers to investments in the mainland China area approved by the Ministry of Economic Affairs Investment Commission or conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations Governing Permission for Investment or Technical Cooperation in the Mainland Area.
- Investment professional: Refers to financial holding companies, banks, insurance companies, bill finance companies, trust enterprises, securities firms operating proprietary trading or underwriting business, futures commission merchants operating proprietary trading business, securities investment trust enterprises, securities investment consulting enterprises, and fund management companies, that are lawfully incorporated and are regulated by the competent financial authorities of the jurisdiction where they are located.
- Securities exchange: "Domestic securities exchange" refers to the Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation; "foreign securities exchange" refers to any organized securities exchange market that is regulated by the competent securities authorities of the jurisdiction where it is located.
- Over-the-counter venue ("OTC venue", "OTC"): "Domestic OTC venue" refers to a venue for OTC trading provided by a securities firm in accordance with the Regulations Governing Securities Trading on the Taipei Exchange; "foreign OTC venue" refers to a venue at a financial institution that is regulated by the foreign competent authority and that is permitted to conduct securities business.