In acquiring or disposing of real property, equipment, or right-of-use assets thereof where the transaction amount reaches 20 percent of the company's paid-in capital or NT$300 million or more, the company, unless transacting with a domestic government agency, engaging others to build on its own land, engaging others to build on rented land, or acquiring or disposing of equipment or right-of-use assets thereof held for business use, shall obtain an appraisal report prior to the date of occurrence of the event from a professional appraiser and shall further comply with the following provisions:
Except where a limited price, specified price, or special price is employed by a construction enterprise as the reference basis for the transaction price, if an appraisal report cannot be obtained in time and there is a legitimate reason for the delay, the report, and the certified public accountant's opinion under subparagraph 3 of the preceding paragraph, shall be obtained within 2 weeks counting inclusively from the date of occurrence.
- Where due to special circumstances it is necessary to give a limited price, specified price, or special price as a reference basis for the transaction price, the transaction shall be submitted for approval in advance by the board of directors; the same procedure shall also be followed whenever there is any subsequent change to the terms and conditions of the transaction.
- Where the transaction amount is NT$1 billion or more, appraisals from two or more professional appraisers shall be obtained.
- Where any one of the following circumstances applies with respect to the professional appraiser's appraisal results, unless all the appraisal results for the assets to be acquired are higher than the transaction amount, or all the appraisal results for the assets to be disposed of are lower than the transaction amount, a certified public accountant shall be engaged to perform the appraisal in accordance with the provisions of Statement of Auditing Standards No. 20 published by the ROC Accounting Research and Development Foundation (ARDF) and render a specific opinion regarding the reason for the discrepancy and the appropriateness of the transaction price:
- The discrepancy between the appraisal result and the transaction amount is 20 percent or more of the transaction amount.
- The discrepancy between the appraisal results of two or more professional appraisers is 10 percent or more of the transaction amount.
- No more than 3 months may elapse between the date of the appraisal report issued by a professional appraiser and the contract execution date; provided, where the publicly announced current value for the same period is used and not more than 6 months have elapsed, an opinion may still be issued by the original professional appraiser.