To promote sound corporate operations, a service enterprise shall set up a whistleblower system, and designate a unit with independent exercise of powers, to be responsible for the processing and investigation of whistleblower reports.
A service enterprise shall provide the following protections for whistleblowers:
Any person with a conflict of interest shall recuse himself or herself from the processing and investigation of the reported case.
- The identity information of the whistleblower shall be kept confidential, and no information may be disclosed that could be used to identify the whistleblower.
- The whistleblower may not be terminated, dismissed, demoted/relocated, or receive a reduction in pay, or impairment of any rightful entitlement under law or regulation, contract, or custom, or other unfavorable disposition due to the reported case.
The whistleblower system under paragraph 1 shall at least include the following matters, and be resolved by the board of directors:
If the alleged perpetrator is a director, supervisor, or management personnel at a level equivalent to or higher than vice president, the investigation report shall be submitted to and reviewed by the supervisors or the audit committee.
- The express provision that anyone who discovers any potential crime, misconduct, or legal violation may file a whistleblower report.
- The types of reports that will be accepted for processing.
- The establishment and making public of the channels for reporting.
- The procedures for investigation and collaborative support, rules of recusal, and standard operating procedures for follow-up and disposition of cases.
- Whistleblower protection measures.
- The documentation and preservation of records covering the acceptance of reported cases, the investigation process, investigation results, and the preparation of relevant documents.
- That the whistleblower shall be given appropriate notice in writing or by other means with respect to the progress of the reported case.
The service enterprise shall take the initiative to file a report or an information with the relevant authorities if any material contingency or legal violation is discovered in the investigation.
The service enterprise shall hold regular awareness programs and education and training in the whistleblower system for its personnel.