The classification of liability accounts on the consolidated balance sheet, the content of account entries, and matters to be noted are as follows:
- Central Bank deposits and deposits from other banks: Means Central Bank deposits, deposits from other banks, overdrafts on other banks, and loans from other banks.
- Deposits: Means checks, demand deposits, time deposits, savings deposits, and money orders.
- Commercial paper payable: Means short-term bills issued through financial institutions to acquire funds from the money market. For commercial paper payable, the guarantor or accepting institution and interest rate shall be indicated. If collateral is provided, the name and carrying amount of the collateral shall be indicated.
- Financial liabilities at fair value through profit or loss: Means financial liabilities held for trading; financial liabilities, except those designated as hedged items under hedge accounting, which at the time of initial recognition were designated as assets to be measured at fair value and changes in fair value is recognized in earnings.
- Bill and bond repurchase liabilities: Means the dollar amount actually obtained from the trading counterpart when engaging in bill and bond repurchase transactions
- Payables: Means various payable amounts, including accounts payable, notes payable, interest payable, acceptances, short sale proceeds collected as collateral, refinancing borrowings, commissions payable, insurance claims and benefits payable, reinsurance claims and benefits payable, accrued amounts payable on reinsurance, unaccrued amounts payable on reinsurance, and other payables.
- Borrowings from the Central Bank and other banks: Means financing obtained from the Central Bank using discounted notes or secured claims, or financing obtained from other banks using negotiable instruments or other means.
- Bonds payable: Means previously issued financial bonds and corporate bonds.
- Other borrowings: Means borrowed amounts that cannot be classified under any of the categories set out above. Indicate the nature of the borrowing, whether there is any guarantee, and the interest rate range. If collateral is provided, indicate the name and carrying amount of the collateral.
- Preferred stock liabilities: Means preferred stock with characteristics of financial liabilities as defined under Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 36.
- Operating and liability reserves: Means various reserves set aside by insurers, and other operating and liability reserves.
- Other financial liabilities: Financial liabilities not recorded individually on the balance sheet shall be classified as "other financial liabilities," and include derivative financial liabilities for hedging, financial liabilities measured at cost, and other miscellaneous financial assets. When the amount of "other financial liabilities" exceeds 5 percent of the total amount of liabilities, the account for each such "other liability" shall be recorded separately.
- Other liabilities: Means liabilities not listed under the above subparagraphs, such as collections for others and other miscellaneous liabilities. When the amount of "other liabilities" exceeds 5 percent of the total amount of liabilities, the account for each such "other liability" shall be recorded separately.