In addition to implementing the adopted internal control system, this Corporation shall pay close attention to the following matters when exercising supervision over the operation and management of its affiliated enterprises:
- This Corporation shall obtain an appropriate number of director and supervisor seats in the affiliated enterprise in accordance with the percentage of the shares it holds.
- A director that this Corporation assigns to an affiliated enterprise shall regularly attend the affiliate's board meetings, and in order to monitor its operation, shall carefully review its corporate objectives and strategy, financial position, business performance, cash flows, and important contracts, as reported by the various members of the affiliate enterprise's management. The director assigned to the affiliated enterprise shall ascertain the cause of any irregularity found, compile a record, and report the matter to the chairperson or general manager of this Corporation.
- A supervisor assigned to an affiliated enterprise by this Corporation shall supervise the affiliate's business operations, investigate its financial and business conditions, and review its books, records and audit reports, and may also request reports from the affiliate's board of directors or managerial officers. For any irregularity that may be found, the supervisor assigned to the affiliate shall ascertain the cause, compile a record, and report to the chairperson or general manager of this Corporation.
- This Corporation shall assign competent personnel to assume important positions at its affiliated enterprise, such general manager, financial officer, or internal audit officer, in order to assume the duties and responsibilities of management, decision-making, and supervision and evaluation.
- This Corporation, in consideration of the type of business, scale of operations, and number of personnel of a subsidiary, shall instruct the subsidiary in the procedures and methods for establishing an internal audit unit and adopting internal control system self-inspection operations.
- In addition to reviewing the audit reports or self-inspection reports submitted by each subsidiary, the internal audit personnel of this Corporation must also carry out audits of the subsidiaries on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. After audit findings and recommendations have been presented, they shall instruct the audited subsidiaries to make any necessary corrections, and shall prepare follow-up reports on a regular basis to ensure that the subsidiaries have taken appropriate corrective measures in a timely manner.
- Subsidiaries of this Corporation shall regularly (e.g., before the 15th day of each month) submit monthly financial statements for the preceding month, including balance sheets, income statements, statements of expenses, statements of cash flow and cash flow forecasts, accounts receivable aging schedules and statements of delinquent accounts receivable, aging inventory analyses, and statements of loans to others and endorsements/guarantees. In the event of irregularities, analysis reports shall also be submitted to allow management and control by this Corporation. Other affiliated enterprises shall also regularly (e.g., before the 15th day of each quarter) submit financial statements for the preceding quarter, including balance sheets and income statements, for analysis and review by this Corporation.