The powers of the Committee are as follows:
The matters under the preceding paragraph shall be subject to the approval of one half or more of the entire membership of the Committee and shall be submitted to the board of directors for a resolution.
- The adoption of or amendments to the internal control system pursuant to Article 14-1 of the Securities and Exchange Act.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the internal control system.
- The adoption or amendment, pursuant to Article 36-1 of the Securities and Exchange Act, of the procedures for handling financial or business activities of a material nature, such as acquisition or disposal of assets, derivatives trading, loaning of funds to others, and endorsements or guarantees for others.
- Matters in which a director is an interested party.
- Asset transactions or derivatives trading of a material nature.
- Loans of funds, endorsements, or provision of guarantees of a material nature.
- The offering, issuance, or private placement of equity-type securities.
- The hiring or dismissal of a certified public accountant, or their compensation.
- The appointment or discharge of a financial, accounting, or internal audit officer.
- Annual and semi-annual financial reports.
- Other material matters as may be required by this Corporation or by the competent authority.
Any matter in the paragraph 1, with the exception of subparagraph 10, that has not been approved by one half or more of the entire membership of the Committee may be adopted with the approval of two thirds or more of the entire board of directors.
"The entire membership," as used herein, shall be counted as the number of members actually in office at the given time.
The convener of the Committee shall represent the Committee to the public.