When a securities broker processes an application for opening of an account made by a custodian institution representing a principal in discretionary investment, the name of both the principal and the authorized discretionary trader shall be specified in the account name, an Account Opening and Brokerage Contract for Discretionary Investment Trading of Securities shall be signed, the custodian institution shall be stipulated as the agent for settlement payment and delivery, information required for account opening shall be entered into the computer file of the TWSE as instructed online, and the following documents shall be submitted:
A securities broker may accept orders for trading of securities through a discretionary investment account referred to in the preceding paragraph only after the procedures for opening the account have been completed and the required information has been entered into the computer files of the TWSE. In case of any change, after account-opening, in the investment manager (including any deputy thereof) or any other person authorized to execute trades, orders for trading of securities may not be accepted unless and until the documents under subparagraph 1 of paragraph 4 have been replaced.
- Photocopy of written agreement signed by the principal, the authorized discretionary trader, and the custodian institution regarding respective rights and obligations. However, under the circumstances in which a Chinese-language legal opinion issued by a lawyer is permitted to be substituted for the tripartite agreement of discretionary investment as set out in Article 17, paragraph 7 of the Regulations Governing the Conduct of Discretionary Investment Business by Securities Investment Trust Enterprises and Securities Investment Consulting Enterprises of the Securities Investment Trust and Consulting Association of the ROC ("Regulations Governing the Conduct of Discretionary Investment Business"), those provisions shall govern.
- Where the principal is a natural person, photocopy of his/her National Identity Card shall be submitted; provided that where the said principal is of no legal capacity or with limited legal capacity, or has been declared by a court to be placed under assistance, a photocopy of the National Identity Card of his/her statutory representative, guardian, or assistant shall also be submitted. Where the principal is a juristic person or other institution, photocopy of the registration document of the juristic entity, photocopy of the notice of issuance of uniform number for taxable entities issued by the tax authorities (a profit-seeking enterprise may be exempt from submitting such copy of notice), and photocopy of the National Identity Card of the responsible person of the juristic entity shall be submitted.
- Photocopy of the corporate registration document of the authorized discretionary trader, and photocopy of the National Identity Card of the responsible person of such company.
- Photocopy of the National Identity Card of the investment manager (including any deputy thereof) or any other person authorized to execute trades, and the original power of attorney issued by the authorized discretionary trader to the aforesaid personnel.
- When a foreign professional institutional investor, under Article 17, paragraph 10 of the Regulations Governing the Conduct of Discretionary Investment Business, applies to convert an original brokerage trading account into a discretionary investment account, or to revert that discretionary investment account into a brokerage trading account for its own trading, or applies to cancel the discretionary investment account because of allocation of a portion of the assets to another mandatary, the investor's instruction letter shall be submitted.