With regard to an issuer's offering and issuance of overseas securities, after a registration becomes effective or approval of application is granted, the FSC may revoke or annul the registration or the approval if it discovers any of the following situations:
Subparagraphs 1 to 3 and 7 of the preceding paragraph do not apply to a registration for issuance of overseas depositary receipts pursuant to Article 12-1.
- The overseas securities have not been fully subscribed to and the cash proceeds thereof have not been fully collected within 3 months from the date on which the FSC's notice of effective registration is received; provided, however, that the FSC may grant an extension of 3 months upon application where proper reasons have been given (only one extension shall be allowed).
- The issuance of overseas depositary receipts is sponsored, or the overseas stock is offered and issued, using a method that is at variance with the particulars of registration (application) and the issuance rules set forth in the accompanying documents, and no application for change has been filed with the FSC before the date of execution of a deposit contract or the date of fixing the price for the issuance; provided, however, that this provision shall not apply if the issuer registers (applies) to use outstanding shares to sponsor issuance of overseas depositary receipts, or to use outstanding shares to engage in trading on offshore stock exchanges.
- Overseas convertible bonds or bonds with warrants are not issued in accordance with registration (application) particulars, the statement of issuance methods, and other conversion rules or warrant exercise rules, and where no application for change has been filed with the FSC before the date for fixing the price of the issue.
- Violation of Article 20, paragraph 1 of the Act.
- Violation of Article 8 herein.
- Violation of, or failure to perform, any undertaking made at the time it offered and issued securities, where the circumstances are serious.
- During the period from the date on which registration becomes effective until the date on which the securities offering is completed, any publicly disclosed financial forecasts or issued information is inconsistent with the registration documentation, and there is a material impact on the securities price or shareholders equity.
- There is a violation of any provision of these Regulations, or of any restriction or prohibition that was in place at the time of the FSC's notice of effective registration or approval of application.
Overseas securities shall not be listed and traded overseas in New Taiwan Dollars.
An issuer registering to use outstanding shares to sponsor issuance of overseas depository receipts in a foreign over-the-counter market shall submit the matter to the board of directors or shareholders meeting for approval by resolution. Afterwards, the issuer shall file with the FSC for effective registration by submitting the Registration Form (Table 5-1), specifying therein the maximum total amount and the required particulars, together with the required supporting documents.
Only after the issuer has filed for effective registration pursuant to the preceding paragraph may an investor, directly or via a depositary institution, within the maximum total amount, purchase the original securities on the domestic market and deliver them, or deliver the original securities that it already holds, to the custodian institution, for the depositary institution to issue overseas depositary receipts evidencing the securities. However, the persons specified in Article 22-2 of the Act are prohibited from doing as provided hereinabove.
When the issuer does as provided in paragraph 1, the number of shares represented by the maximum total amount for the overseas depositary receipts registered for issuance may not exceed 10 percent of the total number of issued shares of the issuer.
After the issuer has done as provided in paragraph 1, if the depository institution fails to conduct the initial issue of overseas depositary receipts within 6 months from the date on which the notice of effective registration is received, the FSC may void the effective registration; provided, the FSC may grant an extension of 6 months upon application therefor with legitimate reasons and provided further that such extension shall be limited to one.