Where a shareholder processes the transfer of stock certificates on his own behalf in accordance with provisions of law, the procedures shall be as follows:
- Court auction or compulsory execution:
- The stock certificate to be transferred, transfer application, court auction records and proof of transfer, and proof that the securities transaction tax has been paid shall be submitted.
- The space allotted on the transfer application and on the stock certificate for the chop of the transferor may be replaced with the proof of transfer issued by the court.
- Transfer via inheritance: The inheriting party shall complete the transfer application and affix his signature or chop on the backside of the stock certificate in space allotted for the transferee, and shall further attach the following documents:
- Line of inheritance chart (to be completed by the applicant inheriting party in accordance with Articles 1138 through 1140 of the Civil Code; if there are any errors, the applicant shall be responsible therefore).
- Photocopy of the Household Registry with detailed notes, or other documentary proof with equivalent legal effect, of the inheriting party.
- For a domestic inheriting party, the National Identity Card or the chop certificate issued by the household registration office (if the inheriting party is a minor, the statutory agent's National Identity Card or chop certificate issued by the household registration office shall also be attached); for a foreign inheriting party, the residence certificate, passport, certificate legalized by an ROC representative body or issued by local court or government agency in the shareholder's home country or identity document notarized by a statutory notary institution in the inheriting party's home country. Where the inheriting party consigns a third party to process the transfer on his behalf, the consignee shall be a citizen of the Republic of China, and the consignee's National Identity Card and the power of attorney shall be presented. An inheriting party who is a person of the mainland China area shall submit inheritance relationship documents that have been certified by the Straits Exchange Foundation and the inheritance relationship certificate or similar documents issued by a notary authority within the mainland China area. If due to his special status or other reasons such an inheriting party cannot personally enter Taiwan to process such matters, such person shall execute a legally recognized power of attorney and appoint a third person located within the Taiwan area to process such matters.
- Where there are several inheriting parties, an agreement signed by all eligible inheriting parties under the Book of Inheritance of the Civil Code stating that they agree with the distribution shall be supplied; where a judgment is rendered by a court, the judgment shall be supplied.
- Certification of payment of taxes or tax exemption issued under Article 41 of the Estate and Gift Tax Act.
- Transfer via gift: Complete the transfer application and affix the signature or chops of the transferor and transferee to the backside of the stock certificate, and attach certification of payment of taxes or tax exemption issued under Article 41 of the Estate and Gift Tax Act.