An issuer reporting issuance of employee stock warrants shall obtain approval by the majority votes in a meeting of Board of Directors which two-thirds or more directors are present. The following matters shall be provided in the terms and conditions regarding the issue and exercise of stock option:
The issue period as referred to in subparagraph 1 of the preceding paragraph shall be not more than 1 year starting from the date of receipt of the notice of effective registration. In case where there are remaining units to be issued after the issue period expires, the issuer shall submit a new registration filing.
- Issue period.
- Qualifications and conditions for eligible employee for stock option.
- Number of total issued units of the employee stock warrants, number of shares each unit represents, total number of new shares to be issued in connection with exercise of stock options, or the number of shares for shares buy-back as required per Article 28-2 of the Act.
- Criteria for setting the terms and conditions for exercising stock option (including exercise price, exercise period, class of shares with which to exercise stock option, measures to be taken in the event of inheritance/employee resignation, etc.).
- Performance of contract: by either issuance of new shares or delivery of already issued shares by an exchange-listed or OTC-listed company. However, for emerging stocks or stocks that are neither listed on an exchange nor traded in the business places of securities firms, performance of contract shall be by issuance of new shares.
- Adjustment of exercise price.
- Upon capitalization of retained earnings or capitalization of capital reserves, additional employee stock warrants may be issued or the number of shares subscribable may be adjusted; however, this shall apply only where the articles of incorporation at the time of subscription expressly provide that there is a sufficient number of shares to be made available for subscription.
- Procedure for exercising stock option.
- Rights and obligations after exercising stock option.
- Other important stipulations.
Any change in any subparagraph of paragraph 1 shall be made only after being approved by the majority votes in a meeting of Board of Directors at which two-thirds or more directors are present.
In case of any change in any subparagraph under paragraph 1, the issuer shall submit as supplementary documents the minutes of the meeting of the Board of Directors as well as relevant materials after the amendment, and paragraph 2 of Article 12 shall apply mutatis mutandis.