The Plan for Exchange of Securities Certificates under the preceding Article shall clearly set forth the following matters:
- The period of book closure on transfers of the old securities shall be 5 days. However, this restriction shall not apply if there is a necessity to extend the book closure period under the circumstances set forth in Article 168-1 of the Company Act, or as otherwise approved by the TWSE.
- The period of book closure for a capital reduction due to a demerger shall be from 5 to 20 days.. However, if after the capital reduction, the change in authorized capital results in amendment registration procedures that extend to other registration agencies authorized by the competent authority for the handling of registration matters, the period of book closure at most may not exceed 25 days.
- In the event that the rights and obligations of the new securities and the old securities are different due to a capital reduction or another reason, a date shall be set for cessation of the trading of the old securities on the market. That date shall be the second business day before and counting from the book closure date for the transfer of the old securities.
- The record date for the exchange for new securities shall comply with Article 165 of the Company Act. That date shall be the 5th day counting from the book closure date for the old securities.
- The date of the listing for trading of new securities, and the date of delisting of the old securities shall be set on the same date.