The TWSE shall perform a targeted examination upon discovering that any of the following occurs in respect of a securities firm:
- Receiving unsatisfactory ratings under the TWSE Rules Governing Early Warnings for Overall Operational Risk of Securities Firms, or incurring consecutive losses and having a net value below its paid-in capital by at least three-fifths.
- Receiving unsatisfactory ratings in the internal audit and showing no improvement in the assessment after receiving guidance.
- In material breach of laws or regulations or the rules of the TWSE and showing no improvement after being imposed multiple penalties by the competent authority or the TWSE.
- Having a regulatory capital adequacy ratio below the ratio stipulated in Article 66 of the Regulations Governing Securities Firms for three consecutive months.
- Other material unexpected events or matters instructed by the competent authority.