Terms used herein are defined as follows:
- "Competent authority" means the Financial Supervisory Commission.
- "User applicant" means any securities firm, futures commission merchant, telecommunications business, information company, news media institution, cable television operator, satellite radio and television enterprise, or Internet firm applying to use trading information pursuant to these Regulations, or any other enterprise applying with the consent of the TWSE.
- "Trading information" means any information developed or transmitted by the TWSE relating to the centralized securities exchange market, and any derivative information thereof.
- "Electronic display" means a single display screen on which technical charts or indexed search results with respect to securities trading information can be displayed at one's option.
- "Television wall" means a combination of television screens used to display securities market price information in whole or in part.
- "Real-time information and delayed information" mean, respectively, trading information transmitted during market trading hours and trading information transmitted with delays of 20 minutes or more relative to real-time information.
- "After-market information" means information on a given day's trading transmitted after trading hours the same day.
- "Direct connection and indirect connection" mean, respectively, direct connection to the TWSE's computer systems by a user applicant to obtain trading information, and connection by a user applicant through another user applicant to obtain trading information indirectly.
- "Subscriber" means any person who receives the trading information relayed by a user applicant.