A principal that meets any of the following conditions is not subject to the restriction of opening only one trading account at the same business place of the same securities broker:
When opening two or more trading accounts for the same principal, the securities broker shall add notes after the name of the principal specifying the reasons for opening the accounts, in order to clearly segregate the authorities and duties associated with each such account.
- Discretionary investment account.
- Trading account opened by an offshore foreign institutional investor.
- Mainland Area Invsitutional Investor under Point 6 of the Operation Directions for Applications by Overseas Chinese, Foreign Nationals, and Mainland Area Investors for Registration to Invest in Domestic Securities or Trade Domestic Future.
- Trading account opened by a domestic professional institutional investor as defined in Article 19-7, paragraph 2 of the Regulations Governing Securities Firms.
- Segregated trust accounts opened based on the different types of contract for the respective trust accounts.