I Basis and Purpose for Adoption
- These Directions are specially adopted pursuant to Articles 40 and 50 of the Corporate Governance Best-Practice Principles for TWSE/TPEx Listed Companies ("the Principles") to encourage TWSE/TPEx listed companies to arrange for newly appointed or re-appointed directors (including independent directors) and supervisors to enrich and update their knowledge on a ongoing basis, and to fulfill the following purposes:
- To urge corporate directors and supervisors to enhance their professional expertise and legal knowledge.
- To assist corporate directors and supervisors to develop their exceptional qualities and decision-making abilities.
- To lead corporate directors and supervisors to step up exchanges of their experience and mutual communication and interaction.
- To promote the effective implementation by corporate directors and supervisors of the corporate governance system.
- Except as otherwise provided by laws and regulations, continuing education for directors and supervisors of TWSE listed and TPEx listed companies shall be governed by these Directions.