(Procedures for handling charitable donations or sponsorships)
Charitable donations or sponsorships by this Corporation shall be provided in accordance with the following provisions and reported to the supervisor in charge for approval, and a notification shall be given to the responsible unit. When the amount is NT$__________ or more, the donation or sponsorship shall be provided only after it has been submitted for adoption by the board of directors:
- It shall be ascertained that the donation or sponsorship is in compliance with the laws and regulations of the country where this Corporation is doing business.
- A written record of the decision making process shall be kept.
- A charitable donation shall be given to a valid charitable institution and may not be a disguised form of bribery.
- The returns received as a result of any sponsorship shall be specific and reasonable, and the subject of the sponsorship may not be a counterparty of this Corporation's commercial dealings or a party with which any personnel of this Corporation has a relationship of interest.
- After a charitable donation or sponsorship has been given, it shall be ascertained that the destination to which the money flows is consistent with the purpose of the contribution.