(Handling of unethical conduct by personnel of this Corporation)
As an incentive to insiders and outsiders for informing of unethical or unseemly conduct, this Corporation will grant a reward of not more than NT$_________ depending the seriousness of the circumstance concerned. Insiders having made a false report or malicious accusation shall be subject to disciplinary action and be removed from office if the circumstance concerned is material.
This Corporation shall internally establish and publicly announce on its website and the intranet, or provide through an independent external institution, an independent mailbox or hotline, for Company insiders and outsiders to submit reports.A whistleblower shall at least furnish the following information:
Company personnel handling whistle-blowing matters shall represent in writing they will keep the whistleblowers' identity and contents of information confidential. This Corporation also undertakes to protect the whistleblowers from improper treatment due to their whistle-blowing.
- the whistleblower's name and I.D. number, and an address, telephone number and e-mail address where it can be reached.
- the informed party's name or other information sufficient to distinguish its identifying features.
- specific facts available for investigation.
The responsible unit of this Corporation shall observe the following procedure:
- An information shall be reported to the department head if involving the rank and file and to an independent director or supervisor if involving a director or a senior executive.
- The responsible unit of this Corporation and the department head or personnel being reported to in the preceding subparagraph shall immediately verify the facts and, where necessary, with the assistance of the legal compliance or other related department.
- If a person being informed of is confirmed to have indeed violated the applicable laws and regulations or this Corporation's policy and regulations of ethical management, this Corporation shall immediately require the violator to cease the conduct and shall make an appropriate disposition. When necessary, this Corporation will institute legal proceedings and seek damages to safeguard its reputation and its rights and interests.
- Documentation of case acceptance, investigation processes and investigation results shall be retained for five years and may be retained electronically. In the event of a suit in respect of the whistleblowing case before the retention period expires, the relevant information shall continue to be retained until the conclusion of the litigation.
- With respect to a confirmed information, this Corporation shall charge relevant units with the task of reviewing the internal control system and relevant procedures and proposing corrective measures to prevent recurrence.
- The responsible unit of this Corporation shall submit to the board of directors a report on the whistleblowing case, actions taken, and subsequent reviews and corrective measures.