Upon issuance of its overseas securities, an issuer shall comply with the following:
If overseas securities are subscribed to by specific persons or strategic investors, the issuer shall disclose the subscription list as well as individual subscription prices and quantities in the prospectus, and shall post this information to the information reporting website designated by the FSC.
- A prospectus prepared in accordance with the securities acts and regulations of the country where the offering took place must be uploaded to the information reporting website specified by the FSC; provided, however, that the same shall not apply to the issuance of overseas depositary receipts for conversion of or subscription to overseas corporate bonds.
- If the funds utilization plan has not yet been fully executed, the issuer shall disclose the implementation progress of the plan in the annual report; where the issuer is issuing overseas corporate bonds, information relating to the corporate bond issue shall be posted by the issuer to the information reporting website specified by the FSC within 2 days from the date of completion of the raising of capital, and by the tenth day of each month for the duration of the period during which the overseas corporate bonds are being issued.
- The issuer shall, within 10 days after the end of each quarter and in accordance with FSC regulations, post the funds utilization plan and the quarterly report on the status of funds utilization to the information reporting website specified by the FSC.
- A company listed on a securities exchange or traded on an OTC market shall, on a quarterly basis, request the original securities underwriter or CPA to prepare an evaluation opinion on progress in implementation of the funds utilization plan, the legitimacy of the purpose of the unused funds, and a statement concerning whether there has been any change to the plan. Within 10 days after the end of each quarter, the issuer shall post such opinion together with the information referred to in the preceding subparagraph to the information reporting website specified by the FSC.
- Where the issuer is sponsoring issuance of overseas depositary receipts through capital increase, and its purpose in so doing is to acquire a foreign company, acquire the shares of a foreign company, or sponsor issuance of new shares for the purpose of an acquisition or separation of a foreign company conducted in accordance with the law, the issuer shall, on a quarterly basis for the first year following completion of registration, request the original underwriter to prepare an opinion evaluating the impact of such matters upon the issuer's financial operations, business operations, and shareholders' equity. The issuer shall post such opinions to the information reporting website specified by the FSC.
- Where, as the result of a change to an item or a dollar amount in an individual item in the funds utilization plan, the total amount of capital needed for the original item increases or decreases by 20 percent or more of the total amount of capital raised, after reporting the change for approval by the Central Bank, the issuer shall register an amendment of the plan and, within 2 days after the amendment is approved by a resolution of the board of directors, the issuer shall make a related public announcement via the information reporting website specified by the FSC. The issuer shall also submit the change to a shareholders meeting for confirmation. Where the funds utilization plan is amended, the issuer shall, upon such change and within 10 days after the end of each subsequent quarter, also request the original underwriter to issue an evaluation opinion on the progress of implementation of the funds utilization plan and the legitimacy of the purpose of the unused funds, and shall post such opinion together with the information referred to in subparagraph 3 above to the aforementioned website.
- Where a material event occurs that requires real-time public announcement or reporting in accordance with the laws of the country in which the overseas securities are listed or the rules and bylaws of its securities exchange, the issuer shall simultaneously post the information to the information disclosure website specified by the FSC.
The provisions of the preceding two paragraphs do not apply to a registration for issuance of overseas depositary receipts pursuant to Article 12-1.
When an issuer that offers and issues overseas securities receives a written inquiry from the competent authority for securities of the country in which the securities are listed, it shall report to the FSC within 2 business days from the date on which it receives the inquiry and at the same time that it provides the information requested by the inquiry.