With respect to an issuer that is seeking to sponsor issuance of overseas depositary receipts, once the registration becomes effective, the issuer shall submit one of each of the following documents to the FSC for recordation within 10 days after issuance of the overseas depositary receipts:
The provisions of the preceding paragraph do not apply to a registration for issuance of overseas depositary receipts pursuant to Article 12-1.
- A prospectus prepared in accordance with the securities acts and regulations of the country where the offering took place; provided, however, that these requirements do not apply to the issuance of overseas depositary receipts for conversion of or subscription to overseas corporate bonds.
- A duplicate copy of the deposit contract.
- A duplicate copy of the custody contract.
- An opinion letter in Chinese issued by an ROC attorney-at-law confirming that there is no material discrepancy between the issuance rules and the particulars of the issuance as set forth in a registration that the FSC has allowed to become effective.
- Documentary evidence providing proof of deposit of funds collected in full, provided that such evidence need not be submitted where an issuer registers to use previously issued shares to sponsor issuance of overseas depositary receipts.
- A list of those whose subscriptions account for 10 percent or more of the total value of the issue as well as the individual subscription prices and quantities thereof.
- Other documents required by the FSC.
If an issuer sponsoring issuance of overseas depositary receipts is required by a deposit contract to provide any information to a depositary institution, within 3 days after providing such information the issuer shall report such provision to the FSC for recordation.