For purpose of these Regulations, the expression that "the conditions of the public tender offer have been achieved" means that by the expiration of the tender offer period the minimum number of shares for acquisition in the tender offer as set by the Offeror has been reached. If the public tender offer involves any matter that requires the approval of the FSC or other competent authority or that requires an effective registration, the approval shall have been obtained or the effective registration made.
With respect to any of the following matters, the Offeror shall submit a regulatory filing with the FSC and make a public announcement, with a copy thereof to the mandated institution within 2 days counting inclusively from the date of occurrence of the fact:
If, on the expiration day of the public tender offer period, the conditions of the public tender offer have not been achieved, or the number of securities tendered exceeds the number to be purchased, for the securities which have been deposited but not transacted, the Offeror shall, on the business day following the expiration of the public tender offer period, return to the Tenderer the securities deposited by the Tenderer.
- It has obtained approval or effective registration from another competent authority before the conditions of the public tender offer have been achieved.
- The conditions of the public tender offer have been achieved.
- The tender offer consideration has been transmitted to the mandated institution's segregated account for public tender offer.
- After the conditions of the public tender offer have been achieved, the number of securities tendered reaches the maximum number to be purchased.
After the conditions of the public tender offer have been achieved, if the Offeror does not complete the payment by the time for payment of the tender offer consideration as specified in the prospectus, the tenderer may, without issuing any notice of payment due, terminate the contract at its sole discretion. The mandated institution shall, on the following business day, return to the tenderer the securities deposited by the tenderer. However, if the time to return the securities to the tenderer, as specified in the prospectus, is earlier than the time for payment of tender offer consideration, such stipulation shall govern.
When a Tenderer applies to revoke its offer to sell, it shall do so in writing.
A Tenderer may not revoke its offer to sell after the Offeror has made a public announcement under Paragraph 2, subparagraph 2, unless under any of the following circumstances:
- A circumstance set out in Article 7, Paragraph 2.
- The Offeror has submitted a regulatory filing with the FSC and made a public announcement of an extension of the public tender offer period pursuant to Article 18, Paragraph 2.
- The offer to sell is voidable under any other law.