In an underwriting case where an initial listing on a stock exchange or an OTC market or an initial issue of Taiwan depositary receipts involves simultaneous book building and public subscription procedures, the lead underwriter shall publish a public subscription announcement in daily newspapers on the business day immediately preceding the day on which it begins accepting subscriptions, and shall concurrently publish a book building announcement (prepared in accordance with the provisions of Article 24) in daily newspapers on the three business days before it begins accepting subscriptions. The content of the announcements shall be reported in hardcopy and electronic media to the Taiwan Securities Association, and shall include the items in the following subparagraphs:
- Public subscription period.
- Matters requiring attention regarding the rights and obligations of subscribers, as follows:
- Subscribers need to have a trading account, a central depository account, and a bank account.
- Subscribers need to enter into a contract with a transfer bank.
- When submitting a bid, a subscriber must have a sufficient bank balance to cover the subscription processing fee, postage for lottery winner notification, and the subscription payment (calculated on the basis of the ceiling for the anticipated book building price range).
- The manner of disclosure of the prospectus, including: (1) a statement clarifying that the anticipated offering price range as disclosed in the prospectus is an estimate based on information gathered during book building; and (2) an explanation of how to inquire about subsequent offering price revisions.
- If the subscription deadlines for multiple securities underwriting cases fall on the same day and a subscriber has submitted bids for more than one of them, funds shall be withdrawn from the subscriber's bank account in an amount equal to the sum of the subscription processing fees, postage for lottery winner notifications, and subscription payments for all securities that have been subscribed for.
- A subscriber may not submit duplicated subscriptions.
- Subscribers shall be advised to make a careful evaluation prior to subscribing, for once they are selected as lottery winners they may not abandon a subscription and request a refund.
- The procedure for payment of refunds to non-lottery winners, and to lottery winners when the actual offering price is lower than the maximum anticipated book building price.
- How to direct inquiries regarding subscriptions and lottery winner lists.
- The deadline for payment of subscription processing fees, postage for lottery winner notifications, and subscription payments.
- How the volume allocated for public subscription will be adjusted when subscriptions (defined as the final confirmed total volume of subscriptions that brokers have transmitted to the TWSE by the public subscription deadline) exceed the volume allocated for public subscription by a specified multiple.
- The date on which the offering price will be set.
- The date on which the securities are scheduled for listing on a stock exchange or an OTC market.
- If the bids submitted during the book building are too few for the setting of a price, the book building process shall be repeated. The TWSE will not carry out a public drawing of lots, and brokers shall make no-interest refunds to bidders of prepaid postage for lottery winner notifications and securities subscription payments on the second business day following the subscription deadline, but subscription processing fees will not be refunded.