A securities firm is advised to establish and announce whistleblowing methods for internal staff and external individuals, and create a whistleblower protection system. This system shall have related internal operation procedures and be included in the internal control system for control and management.
With regard to the above, at least the following shall be covered:
Anonymous whistleblowing cases without identifying the real name and address of the whistleblower, or without providing specific information, may be rejected.
- Create and announce the mailbox and telephone number for internal whistleblowing, or appoint a third-party independent organization to provide the mailbox and telephone number for internal and external whistleblowing.
- Appoint staff or department responsible for accepting whistleblowing cases.
- Records of acceptance of whistleblowing cases, how the cases were processed, results, and production of related documents and archival of documents.
- Confidentiality of whistleblower's identity and details of the whistleblowing case.
- Measures for protection of rights and interests of whistleblower, who will not be subject to inappropriate treatment because of the whistleblowing.
The regulations under subparagraph 5 of the second paragraph shall not apply to a whistleblowing case that, based on the findings of investigations, contains false claims and malicious accusations against securities firms or their staff.