For the below-listed securities privately placed by a public company in accordance with laws and securities subsequently distributed, converted, or subscribed, the public company must arrange with the FSC for a public offering, at least 3 full years after the delivery date of the privately placed securities, before it may apply to the Stock Exchange or the Taipei Exchange for listing or for trading at the places of business of securities firms:
A filing for registration to conduct a public offering under the preceding paragraph shall be submitted to the FSC with a Registration Statement (Attachments 25 to 31) specifying all required information and with the required documents attached. The registration shall become effective 7 full business days after the Registration Statement is received by the FSC and FSC-designated institutions, and the provisions of Article 5, paragraph 2 of Article 12, Article 15, and Article 16 shall apply mutatis mutandis. However, the waiting period for effective registration is 12 business days in the case of a financial holding, banking, bill finance, credit card, or insurance enterprise.
- Stocks privately placed under Article 43-6 of the Act and shares subsequently obtained as bonus shares thereof.
- Ordinary corporate bonds privately placed in accordance with laws.
- For employee stock option certificates privately placed under Article 43-6 of the Act, subsequently subscribed certificates of payment of shares, shares, and shares obtained as bonus shares thereof.
- For preferred shares with warrants, corporate bonds with warrants, and convertible corporate bonds privately placed in accordance with Article 43-6 of the Act, the privately placed preferred stock with warrants, corporate bonds with warrants and convertible corporate bonds, and the subsequently subscribed certificates of payment for shares, certificates of entitlement to new shares from convertible bonds, shares, and shares obtained as bonus shares.
- For private placement of overseas corporate bonds, overseas stocks, and participation in the private placement of overseas depositary receipts in accordance with Article 43-6 of the Act, the shares that obtained through redemption, conversion, or subscription, or obtained as bonus shares.
If, after effective registration for public offering under paragraph 1, any circumstance set forth in Article 11, paragraph 1, subparagraphs 4 to 7 is discovered to exist, the FSC may revoke or void the effective registration.