The terms used herein shall have the following meanings:
- The term "sponsor issuance" refers to the issuer assisting in the implementation of the issuance plan for overseas depositary receipts and providing financial information to a depositary institution pursuant to a deposit contract.
- The term "depositary institution" refers to an institution located outside the territory of the Republic of China that issues depositary receipts pursuant to the securities regulations of the country where it is located.
- The term "custodian institution" refers to a bank located within the territory of the Republic of China that has been approved by the Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) to engage in custodian business.
- The term "overseas depositary receipts" refers to receipts issued by a depositary institution outside the Republic of China pursuant to the securities regulations of the country where it is located to evidence the underlying securities held in the custody of a custodian institution.
- The terms "registration" and "effective registration" refer to where an issuer registers with the FSC by duly submitting all required documents, with the registration to automatically become effective after a specified number of business days have elapsed since the registration materials were received by the FSC or any FSC-designated agency unless the FSC has either returned the papers to the registrant for completion of missing items or has rejected the registration in order to safeguard the public interest.
- The term "business day" means days on which trading takes place in the securities markets.
- The term "financial reports" means consolidated financial reports, or if the issuer does not have a subsidiary, means individual financial reports.