(Handling of Securities Events Affecting Market Order or Prejudicial to Public Interest)
Given the occurrence of any of the following events, the Competent Authority may issue an order suspending the trading of designated securities completely or partially, or restricting the trade by brokers and dealers in such securities, when there is a likelihood that the event will affect the market trading order or be prejudicial to the public interest:
- the company issuing the securities becomes involved in litigation or other non-litigious matters which is sufficient to result in its dissolution, or changes in its corporate organization, capital, business plan, financial condition, or suspension of production.
- the company issuing the securities becomes involved in major disasters, signed major agreements, confronted with special circumstances, initiated major changes in its business plan, or had its checks dishonored, the result of which is sufficient to result in a significant material change in the financial condition of the company.
- the company issuing the securities engages in deceptive, dishonest, or illegal practices, the result of which is sufficient to affect the prices of its securities.
- the market price of the securities has undergone continuous, major rises or declines, resulting in abnormal fluctuations in the prices of other securities.
- the company issuing the securities is involved in the occurrence of any material public hazard or food or drug safety event.
- other events of material significance.